In my opinion, this is, hands down, THE best chrono trigger movie on newgrounds.
My personal favorite part was where magus fell to the ground. Such fluidity...
That was awesome. I play gb (silver battle axe ^_^) so i actually caught all the stuff in this.
Nice flash tho... i expected some sprites but this amazed me.
A few notes
1. Collect your thoughts before recording speech. You changed ideas about 50 times in each sentence.
2. Hit puberty... i dont take orders from 9 year olds
3. Actually learn tweening and learn its uses... 'music videos... uh... spaceship... uh... cack in yo eye'
4. If you wanted to go in depth, you could add motion guides and how to angular tween. dont know those terms? look it up
I really liked it, except the backrounds (which were still okay). try to use a little more solid colors for that. However, I also saw that the movements weren't well articulated, where u should have used frame by frame.
Overall I think it'll be fuckin awesome if you just brush up a bit.
I'm not a sprite hater, but I didnt find this entertaining or good quality-wise.
I think you seriously have room for improvement though, seeing as you can do basic tweens and bg rips. Heres some tips:
1. When importing graphics, try to avoid using jpegs. If you do though, remember to increase jpeg quality in publish settings.
2. Dont use ctrl-b (break apart). Use modify-trace bitmap, and set settings to 0 and most corners. Thatw ay flash distinguishes the graphics as separate images AND (big improv point) optimizes graphics. That way they look just as good as the game. Dont do this for bg's tho
3. The crono vs. crono scenario is overplayed. You should have added someone else.
4. Try a bit harder when animating... the easiest thing is not always the best.
5. The drawings need much work. I dont suggest you use them again; stick to sprites.
I hope to see number 3 as a good film... just try to stick to the above tips.
hmm try to stick to not reviewing just mail me>
But animation and backrounds could use lots of work. Nice humor with pong tho... made me laugh
thanks for the votes and review
Decided to check out some of your flash. The other two are decent, but this animation tops them all!!!
Nice job... I'm still kinda workin on the silhouette animation which was damn sweet here.
Hey, thanks a bunch for the support! :D
Expect my next animation to be out soon, I have greatly improved my flash skills since making this movie.
Again, thanks. :D
Wow... this is the first time I ever saw an award winning artist win turd of the week... or make this crap
It's not that good- except for sqeezy. Sqeezy is awsome
to Jon Castillo:
don't make fun of n00bs, you're animation style is just as bad
it doesnt matter how long they've been on the server instead of how good they are at flash
I'm a noob and my overall average is higher than yours
Batting average: 3.06 / 5.00 (B+)
Batting average: 3.53 / 5.00 (A+)
Just cause I can't draw that well I'm a noob? I have more creative work than you have just cause my artwork aint great don't mean Im no noob.
You've inspired me
seriously... there were a few glitches but overall... it kix ass
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.